Sunday, June 27, 2010

Learning Theory of Learning

As I look back at my personal theory of learning there is one thing I would like to change as a result of the class. I believe it is important for students to develop knowledge through experience (Lever-Duffy and McDonald, 2008, p.19). One change I would like to make is the experiences they use to discover knowledge. I would like to use more projects and lessons based on the creation of a product. This can be a paper, PowerPoint, voice thread, or any basic item in which the students created it. There are several changes I would like to make in my instructional practices. First, I will make sure that I take time to teach my students how to properly use the technology. I believe that teachers sometimes take for granted that the students know more about technology than the teacher does. I will take more time to make sure the students are fully aware of not just how to use the technology but how to use it properly for academic use. Second, I will use technology to create more engaging lessons. I believe if you have the students creating something then this will help them to be more engaged. Just as college students we learn more my writing the papers because we are the creators of it my students will be more engaged because they are creating something that is representative of themselves. Two technology tools that I would like to use with my students are voice threads and concept mapping. I believe that voice threads will improve student learning simply because they will be fun for the students to use. They provide the student will endless ways for the students in interact with the content. I believe that concept mapping will improve student learning by providing a way for students to organize information in a format that is uniquely their own. There are two long term goals changes that I would like to make to my instructional practice regarding technology integration. First, I would like to become a school leader in the integration of technology. I believe that this will help me in the classroom by providing extra training and professional training opportunities. I will obtain this goal by studying about technology and attending training sessions and completing my degree here at Walden University. Second, I would like to become more efficient at not just using technology to present information but to create engaging lessons for my students. I will obtain this goal by personally evaluating my lessons and making the necessary changes to make them better.

References
Lever-Duffy, J. & McDonald, J. (2008). Theoretical Foundations (Laureate Education, Inc., custom ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment